Position: Director of Revenue Management
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Revenue & Distribution
Brief Description: A Director position in areas of revenue management. This position requires someone with great flexibility and initiative who is eager to deepen their hotel revenue management and asset management knowledge. This position reports directly to the SVP of Revenue & Distribution, works with different asset managers, and is responsible for identifying revenue opportunities, quantitatively supporting and working through the hotel operations teams to maximize total revenue to support our owner’s financial goals.
- Assisting asset managers in annual budget reviews and goal setting, including quantifying revenue upside goals and stabilized RevPAR penetration, assessing the on-site team’s current approach to revenue management and e-commerce, preparing recommendations supported by data and analysis to achieve the targeted revenue performance for assigned hotels.
- Analyzing/interpreting revenue reports, STAR report, Hotelligence data, pace/pickup results
- Participate and/or run weekly or bi-monthly RevMAX calls with each assigned hotel.
- Participating in monthly on-site meetings with asset manager, owner, and senior management for each assigned hotel.
- Assisting the SVP of Revenue & Distribution in educating the hotelAVE asset manager team on best practices as well as maintaining the firm’s proprietary Revenue Maximization Manual
- Communication with external vendors as necessary for the successful execution of Revenue Management and eCommerce strategies and tactics.
- Assist in developing successful strategies and decisions relative to ADRs, RevPARs, occupancies, daily expenses, etc.
- Prepare rate shops and channel audits.
- Collect market data and conduct benchmarking analysis.
- Maintain a database of all factors affecting markets and submarkets associated with the hotel portfolio, including demographics and changes in supply and demand.
- Participate in hotel site visits and market tours to obtain firsthand knowledge of our hotels, competition and demand generators.
- Produce ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the performance of hotel assets and seek-out opportunities for greater efficiency and better performance
- Assist in preparation of annual Asset Management Plan including valuation using company boilerplate.
- Identify issues and areas of opportunities for assets.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in hospitality management/ real estate or finance is required from a duly accredited institution
- 5+ years Revenue Management experience
- Ability to support hotel’s yield efforts, analyzing and reporting to ensure distribution channels and segments
- Knowledge of hospitality revenue principles and practices.
- Revenue Management experience with Hilton
- LATAM/Mexico market experience required
- Solid in-depth working knowledge of Hilton´s CRS, RMS and PMS
- Assists in strategies to ensure STAR indexes gains meet objectives.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Must work well with others and be self-motivate
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with financial modeling preferred
- Detail oriented and able to take direction.
- Knowledge of the lodging and hospitality industry
- Extremely analytical and comfortable manipulating data
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Positive, innovative approach to problem solving and the ability to exercise judgment and discretion
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and prioritize multiple complex projects
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to provide assistance where needed
- Ability to travel
Undergraduate degree in hospitality management and/or real estate finance required.
Yes +/– 50%
hotelAVE (www.hotelAVE.com) is the industry’s leading international hotel owner advisor, providing asset management, advisory and operational efficiency services. hotelAVE is a certified WBE headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island with offices in New York and Los Angeles, and professionals located in Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, and Washington, DC. The firm has provided services for owners and lenders of 1,000+ hotels with more than 200,000 rooms, representing over $150 billion of hotel real estate value.
We are a highly collaborative, no ego, and intellectually curious team working at the pace of our clients and partners. We identify opportunities, innovate, and challenge the industry norm to create opportunities that others don’t see. We are known for our relentless execution, exceeding expectations, and telling our clients and partners what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. This approach has supported our growth and affords our associates opportunities to invest in hotels alongside our partners.
HotelAVE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.