REPORTS TO: EVP of Advisory and Acquisitions
This new position is ideally suited for a professional who is completing 1-3 years as a real estate analyst and/or a lodging finance/operations role and realizes the hospitality sector is your passion. This role requires someone with great flexibility and initiative who is eager to expand developing a knowledge base in all components of hotel real estate capital structuring, acquisitions, operations and brands through working with the “who’s who” of private equity and operators of lodging assets in the US, Latin America and Europe.
Title and compensation will be dependent upon the individual’s experience level. The firm provides the opportunity for all levels of associates to interact and collaborate with the senior leaders, while the environment is supportive, intellectually stimulating, no egos, dynamic and challenging in order to consistently exceed our client’s expectations and our double-digit annual growth.
- Develop detailed pro-forma cash flow, DCF financial models to evaluate investment returns on proposed capital projects and acquisitions.
- Acquire working knowledge of lodging physical attributes and underlying rationale for each component of a hotel.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of different lodging asset classes and key characteristics of each sector.
- Engage with industry leaders in lodging capital markets, investments and operations.
- Comprehension of market dynamics (supply and demand levers) and physical real estate components.
- Acquire an understanding of benchmarking process, tools and analytics to be applied against specific assets.
- Review, analyze, communicate results and assessments for P&L’s, industry reports (STR, Demand360, Segmentation reports, macro and micro economic data, etc.).
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of key index drivers and modeling of; CAGR, inflation rates, discount rates, and other industry data.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- 1 – 4 years experience.
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with complex financial modeling.
- Experience in the lodging and/or real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written) and a willing team contributor.
- Positive, innovative approach to financial and operational problem solving and the ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and prioritize multiple complex projects.
- Ability to travel.
- Based in Providence, RI.
4-year BA/BS undergraduate degree in hospitality/ real estate/ finance required.
Yes +/– 30%
HotelAVE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.